Remember that HTC Thunderbolt update that was supposed to begin rolling out yesterday? Well that may not be happening as an internal memo from Verizon hits the web. The memo explains that the software update for the Thunderbolt has been put on hold without giving a reason. The company is telling its employees to point customers in the direction of the support site to stay up to date with when the update will be available.
The Thunderbolt update (1.13.605.7) brings along the following features and bug fixes:
- Enhance data connectivity when accessing the Verizon 3G network
- SMS and MMS messages are stored properly in the Messaging Application (Inbox, Sent, etc.)
- Timing for device activation has been improved
- “Backup Assistant” is correctly displayed in the Application menu.
- Stability improvements for data centric applications such as Facebook, KAYAK, Yahoo! Mail, My Verizon and more.
- Accurate location is displayed when accessing the Weather Widget.
- Quickly load GPS updates for Google Maps and VZ Navigator.