YouMail has always been known as an alternative voicemail option that brings more features than your regular voicemail. The company has completely overhauled its iPhone Visual Voicemail Plus app, bringing new features, capabilities, and functionality. You may be asking yourself what kind of new features can YouMail bring that the iPhone doesn’t already have? First of all, this service will offer iPhone users a option for instantly managing, sharing, storing, digitizing, and transcribing voicemail. The iPhone already has visual voicemail, but YouMail brings it to a new level by transcribing your messages.
Other features that YouMail is introducing in the updated iPhone app include:
- Multi-Platform Access – YouMail users can pick up their voicemail on whatever device is most convenient, not just the iPhone. The YouMail app also runs on iPods and iPads, as well as any other portable computing device or handset. This accessibility allows users to pick up voicemail through youmail.com on any computer, as well as to share voicemail with colleagues, friends and family.
- Visual caller ID – YouMail now pulls and displays incoming caller photos from the phone’s address book and the user’s Facebook account — giving users truly visual voicemail. YouMail also provides the caller’s city and state, in addition to their phone number and name.
- Simple forwarding – With just a couple of clicks, users can now easily forward voicemail to any e-mail address. Users aren’t locked in to forwarding to other people on their carrier’s network.
- Message grouping – YouMail users can now easily manage groups of voicemails, moving them into folders effortlessly, deleting multiple messages at a time, and even restoring or purging deleted voicemails.
- Massive storage – YouMail’s free application allows users to store up to 100 messages, eliminating the constant worry about mailboxes getting too full. YouMail also offers premium options with even greater storage capacity.
- Premium transcription – The app lets users read their voicemail with one of YouMail’s human-edited transcription plans. This update now makes it easy for users to try and buy transcription services from YouMail’s premium offerings.
Be sure to download the free iPhone app here.
…But that’s not all. YouMail is giving away FIVE free one year subscriptions (over $100 value) to its service on Smartphone Nation. YouMail’s basic subscription costs $8.99 a month and includes unlimited human-transcripted voicemail service. To enter in the giveaway all you need to do is:
- Leave a comment on this post telling us why you want the subscription
- “Like” us on Facebook – www.facebook.com/SmartphoneNation
Goodluck! We will contact the #winners via email.