Apple has launched the iPad today for us Canadians… finally, and for all those that decided to purchase the 3G model. Your probably wondering what your suppose to do and how your suppose to set it up (if the store didn’t do it for you). Well it’s pretty simple.
- (Updated May 28, 4:50 pm) Make sure your Micro SIM card is inserted into the device, plug the iPad into an Internet-connected computer, and update to the latest version of iTunes and connect to iTunes to update your iPad with the settings for the Rogers network.
- On the iPad, click the Settings icon.
- On the Cellular Data tab, touch View Account.
- Enter your user and login information (screen shot above), then select your plan. A check mark will appear beside your selection.
- Enter your payment and billing information. You can subscribe to the plans by pre-paying via Visa, MasterCard or American Express.
- After reading and agreeing to all Terms of Service, review the payment summary screen and click Submit to complete
- An email and alert will then be sent to you confirming the transaction and your data plan will take effect in a few minutes.
- (Updated May 28, 4:50 pm) Once you get an alert on your iPad saying “Data Plan Activated”(screen shot below) you can start using your Rogers cellular data plan immediately.
For more information on how to manage your account. You can click here to link to redboard.rogers.com